Skip to main content

So here comes the New Year....



So here comes the New Year….

Wow…where is time going? I remember when I was a kid, that space between weekends seemed soooo long and now, I discover myself looking around on Thursday, just hoping to catch a glimpse of Wednesday because I had a lot more stuff to get done!
Well for me, the New Year brings me the chance to look ahead and think about how I want to spend the next year. I always take a moment to look at my books, both contracted and the ones lurking in my mind that desperately want out! I’m just finishing up the last release for 2012. Yes, that’s how far in advance books get turned in for us writers. There is a great deal to do after we turn it in and I’ll get to polish my babies throughout the year before they ever reach the book shelf.
So 2012 will see, The Highlander’s Prize, A Lady can never be too Curious and The Trouble With Highlanders coming out. A Lady can Never be too Curious was my first Steam Punk and it was neat to challenge myself with world building once more. So now, I’m looking ahead to writing the follow up books. After that? Humm…this is where all those books inside my mind start waving their hands around like a class of first graders…me…me…me!
Writing isn’t the only thing I plan out. One of my goals this year is to ride my bike down to the ocean and back. For me that’s about 30 miles each way. When I was a kid, I’d just jump on my bike and take off without a care…over the last month, I realized I’ve buried that wild spirit in a mountain of maturity and responsible behavior. What if the kids need us…okay, both kids are taller than me and we have cell phones…So, I’m digging out, at least in one small way. My husband and I are going to train for our expedition and then…DO IT!
No New Year’s list would be complete without a mental goal either. I’ve got a lot of blessing in my life and I’m considering ways to share some of that bliss with others.
So whatever your own plan for the New Year…make them grand! I’m going to try and post a picture of me on my bike, if I fail, you can see it on my FaceBook page. I’d love to hear what everyone has planned for the year.
Cheers!
Mary Wine
MaryWine.com

Comments

  1. You are going to be one busy lady in the coming year, but your readers will certainly appreciate all those releases.

    I'm not much of a planner, though I do need to finish drafting a couple more books. I have a huge pile of rough draft straw I can work on spinning into gold, and I've dipped my toe in Georgian waters for the first time... and found the water lovely. But then, the Scottish Victorians were great fun, and I do so love the Regency...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your bike trip - sounds like quite an adventure! I'm excited to read your upcoming new releases - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of releases! Good for you! And I'm sure you'll reach your bike riding goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment