Skip to main content

I Love Hunky Men! by Terry Spear

Just learned of when Highland Wolf in Paradise is coming out!

Highland Wolf in Paradise
(Book 10)

Sourcebooks

Fall 2012

Here's the blurb:

Duncan MacNeill is a Highlander at heart with a mission—find gray wolf and former stockbroker, Silverman who has stolen the family fortune and is purported to be living in the Grand Cayman Islands. As a Highland wolf, Duncan rarely leaves his native homeland and taking a trip to an island paradise doesn’t appeal. But keeping the MacNeill’s ancestral castle depends on making Silverman pay. What Duncan doesn’t plan for is the American botanist who distracts him from his mission and makes him realize what an island paradise really means.

Shelley Campbell is teaching botany at a Florida college, when she receives an email from an old girlfriend, who’s renting a villa on the island and wants her to come to stay with her. Figuring she can study the old growth forest while she's there, and lecture about it when she returns home, she has no idea the secrets she might uncover. When her girlfriend’s a no-show, a Highlander turns up instead, and she has a choice—share the villa, or send him away and pay full price for the accommodations—which on her teacher’s salary is stretching things pretty thin. Since he promises to be no trouble at all, she lets him stay. And that’s when the trouble really begins!



Okay, so you see, Duncan is a warrior type, right? Dark hero, not prone to being distracted. Particularly when it's really important that he get the money back from the crook so that his pack can keep their ancestral castle in the Highlands.

But you know when a female wolf shows up on the scene...a lone female wolf, things are bound to get interesting. For one, an alpha male wolf can't let a female, who looks as hot as she does, run around the island on her own.

At least that's what he tells himself.

But wait, before that, the first Jaguar Book... no title yet, will be released. Anyone have a cool suggestion?

Jaguar Book
(Book 1)

Sourcebooks

October 2012


http://juliette66.edublogs.org/files/2010/08/jaguar.jpg

In the heat of the jungle, jaguars are clawed, dangerous, and hungry for love. With hopes of overcoming night terrors and thanking the man who saved her life, Kathleen McKnight returns to the Amazon. A jaguar at heart, Connor Anderson doesn’t just protect her, but wants to claim her for his own.

When I came up with the first story, I was wondering--should the heroine be a cat or not. To be...or not to be. That is the question. Or was the question. I decided she should be human.

And that is some of the fun of writing about shapeshifters! :) Since this is a new series, I also have to do a lot of research into cat behavior. BIG cat behavior. Like wolves are different from dogs in so many ways, big cats are different from little cats. :) But also, jaguars are different from other big cats.

So learning about them has been fun. Their behavior somewhat dictates my shifters' behavior, but the problem with big cats over wolves is they don't have a stick-to-it-ness. So love 'em and leave 'em is more the motto. Which doesn't work for a happily-ever after romance. That's what's fun about being a writer. I can write my shifters the way it works for me. So of course they'll have a HEA!

But BEFORE that,

A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing
(Book 9)

Sourcebooks

March 2012


wolf-pack-1024x768.jpg


Meara Greymere is in charge of the cabin rentals on the rugged Oregon coastline, so her brother and his mate could take a delayed honeymoon. But while Hunter is away, the she-wolf intends to play—she just has to convince the right alpha male to rent one of the cabins, and she’ll take it from there. But when Finn Emerson arrives with every intention of pretending to be her lover, she's not going to take this lying down. She knows he'll tell her brother what she's up to and put an end to her game.

Finn Emerson is a Navy SEAL, formerly one of Hunter Greymere’s team members, and now he's trying to track down a gray wolf, who's already made an attempt on one of their team member's lives. Finn believes Hunter will be targeted next, only to discover Hunter is off with his mate on a honeymoon, and he fears Hunter’s sister is in grave danger. But the former SEAL soon learns protecting the unpredictable sexy she-wolf is a mission and a half and protecting her isn’t all he wants to do.


I think Deb is still looking over hunky male models for this one. I still am raising my hand to help her out! And I have to say that Deb gave me the kernel of an idea for this story. Since Hunter of To Tempt the Wolf was a Navy SEAL, what about if he had been on a team of wolf Navy SEALs?

For months and months the notion was in the back of my thoughts. I wanted to write about one of his team members. Fans had wanted Meara to find her man. Finn Emerson is not that man.

At least they both know it. :) So what goes wrong?

But before that...

Dreaming of the Wolf
(Book 8)

Sourcebooks

December 2011


Jake Silver doesn't believe in fate or dream mating, despite the fact his brother and other family members have been afflicted with this strange notion. But when dreams begin to plague him about a woman so seductive, he wakes up in a sweat and he's losing way too much sleep over it, he seeks to learn the truth. Can dream mating be a reality? Is the woman real?

Alicia Greiston doesn't dream. Not ever. So when a man visits her in the first dream she's ever had, she's startled, pleased, then alarmed. He's not going away, and the dreams take a sinister turn. He's in trouble, and if the dreams are a foreshadowing of the future, she has to save him.


Yum. That's all I can say. She's a bounty hunter, but he's hunting her. :)

Jake is one of the Silver triplets, 2nd born of the Destiny of the Wolf pack in Silver Town, and it's time for him to tell his story.

I'm now working on his brother, Tom Silver's story, and book 2 of the jaguar stories. This one will be about the hero's sister in book one.

I maybe a little backwards thinking...but that's what's coming, in reverse order.

:)

Have a super Saturday!!! And if you have some cool ideas for titles for the jaguar books, please share! Deb still needs a good one!!!

Thanks!

Terry

"Giving new meaning to term alpha male."

www.terryspear.com


Comments

  1. Terry, looks like you have an action-packed 2012. I LOVE jaguars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tracey, full of hunky alpha males. :) I LOVE jaguars too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll be busy this year! That's a lot of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful line up! That many books plus a full time job? WOW! Bet you have to make appointments for things like breakfast. My redneck crystal ball (that means I dropped it and it's fixed with duct tape) says there are many best sellers in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books are all written, which is the great part, but I have to do the synopsis now for Highland Wolf in Paradise and for the jag story. That's what I'm doing today. Does anyone hate writing those as much as I do???

    I keep telling myself I need to write them right after I finish the book, but do I? Nope! I'm off to the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, you need to start writing about authors who turn into whirlwinds of productivity and creativity because you are one. What lucky readers you have--and we're available to assist with that cover model search if you need to delegate something. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Carolyn, boy I sure hope your duct taped crystal ball is right! But no matter what, I keep working at it! :) The joy is in having readers that can hardly wait for the next release. Whether that's one or a million, I'm thrilled!!!

    Hmm, just think what I could do if I could write full time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Grace, but see, I've already offered on the cover model search, but Deb's not saying yes to letting us do any hands on searching for her...

    Hands on...hmmm...

    The thing of it is, the more hands on we get with this business, the better our...creativity, right???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry,
    You just slay me. You Busy Lady!! As one of your big fans. I'm so looking forward to all of these upcoming books. You've got the title already for your Jaguar. You just said it: "Hungry for Love" LOL!! all these alpha's have made me hungry too. So Have A Great Day All You Busy Authors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry, you are one busy writer! And I agree about the synopsis - I'd rather write a 300-page novel than a 3-page synopsis. It's easier! We'll be thinking about those jaguar titles...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to be very, very busy! All the books sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like that title, Donna! Hungry for Love. :) Thanks for loving my wolves!

    Thanks, Joanne! Yeah, me too. It took hours. I could have written a chapter in the time it took me to write two synopsis!

    Thanks, Shana!! It was a lot of writing, but a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Terry! What a line-up! I admire all the research you put into your books...it makes them all the more convincing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment