Skip to main content

Rockin' First Kisses

by Olivia Cunning
If you don't know this already, I write erotic romance. Very explicit, erotic romances about rock stars. My first kiss scenes tend to happen very early in the book. This one, between lead guitarist Brian Sinclair and human sexuality professor Myrna Evans, happens on page 21 of Backstage Pass. And by page 29, they.. well... Did I mention I write very explicit, rock star erotic romances with frequent, inventive sex scenes? Anyway...



Brian and Myrna's First Kiss

Brian turned Myrna to face him and pressed her up against the door with his body. She gasped in surprise just before his mouth claimed hers in a passionate kiss.

She wrenched her head to the side, breathing hard. "What are you doing?"

"Kissing you."

"I never kiss on the first date."

"This is our second date."

She hesitated, her expression thoughtful. "Good point."

Her fingers slid up his back and tangled in the longish hair at his nape. She closed her eyes and leaned closer. He rested his forearms on the door on either side of her head and tested her eagerness with a gentle brush of his lips against hers. Though his body told him to devour her, his partially functioning brain wanted to treasure the feel of her soft lips against his for the first time. His hands curled into tight fists over her head so they wouldn't rip off her clothes.

He watched her through half-closed eyes as his lips caressed hers. She responded with total submission--mouth open, body limp, fingers digging into his scalp as if she were trying to control herself. It drove him crazy. And that wasn't the only thing driving him crazy. The taste of her mouth, her scent, her warm, soft body against his, the barely perceptible sound of longing she made in the back of her throat. Her tongue brushed his lip. His body tensed as if he'd been struck by lightning. She withdrew her tongue, coaxing his into her mouth with gentle strokes. He eagerly followed, caressing her lips with the tip of his tongue, and then touch her tongue with his. When her tongue tentatively caressed his in return, his eyes drifted closed.

After several moments, he pulled away and gazed down at her in the low light coming from the bathroom.

"I didn't ask you to come to my room for this," she murmured.

"You didn't?"

She shook her head. "No, but you're such a good kisser." Her gaze dropped to his mouth.

He grinned and lowered her head to kiss her again. He pushed off the door and pulled her against him, his hands sliding down over the swell of her ass as he molded their lower bodies together. When was the last time a woman had worked him into a frenzy so quickly? Uh, never. He moved backward, toward the bed, drawing her along with him. She dug her heels in the carpet and wrenched her head to the side.

"I never have sex on a second date," she said firmly.

"This is our third date."

She wagged a finger at him. "That only works once, Master Sinclair."

Now, in the second book of the Sinners on Tour series, the hero, lead singer Sedric Lionheart, and the heroine, Jessica Chase were once engaged, so their actual first kiss happens more than two years before the bulk of the novel. Their first relationship ended badly, but these two can't keep their hands off each other. I know there are fans out there who have been waiting patiently for this book for months, so I decided to share Sed and Jessica's reconciliation kiss. Rock Hard won't be released until April. Here's a first sneak preview! You're welcome.

Sed and Jessica's Sorta "First" Kiss

Sed closed the door in Eric's face, shutting himself and Jessica in the bedroom.

Alone.

Together.

Jessica swallowed hard and glanced up at him, startled by his nearness. How had she ended up here? She'd been on her way to leave the bus and then...

He continued to watch her, waiting for her to say something.

"I hate you," was the best she could come up with.

"I hate you more."

"It is not possible to hate anyone as much as I hate you." She tried to open the door, but he lifted a hand against the frame and held it closed.

"If you hate me, why are you fighting off my entertainment for the evening?"


Good question.

"Because." She couldn't drag her gaze from his bright blue eyes. Why was he looking at her like that? Like he actually gave a shit about what she had to say. It had never mattered to him in the past.

"Because?"

"Because I... hate you," she whispered.

His sardonic grin returned. "I can see that." He lowered his head and brushed his lips against hers. His feather-light kiss lasted less than a second but her heart thundered in her chest. Her knees went weak. The entire core of her body tensed with need. His tongue brushed her upper lip as he drew away.

He stared down at her for her reaction.


Oh my...

She snapped back to her senses. How dare he kiss her? She shoved him, her hands pressing against the warm flesh of his naked chest.

Big mistake. His skin burned hers with awareness.

She had to get out of here, before... Before she...

When she reached for the doorknob, he grabbed her wrist.

"I wish I'd never met you," he said.

"Well, I wish you'd never been born!"

He drew her body against his and covered her mouth with a searing kiss.


Oh my, my, my...

She groaned. Her bones turned to jelly. His large hands splayed over her back to keep her from sinking to the floor as he laid waste to her senses. This man. She really did hate him. That's why it was so maddening to want him so completely.

Do you have dating rules about when you'll allow a new acquaintance to kiss you for the first time? Have you ever been insanely attracted to someone you're supposed to hate?


Is it April yet? Just checkin'...


If you haven't already heard the news, this month the Casababes are sponsoring a contest. The grand prize is a collection of 10 Sourcebooks Casablanca romance novels! To enter, just leave a comment on any (or all) blog posts this month (February 2011). The more blog posts you leave a comment on, the more entries you'll receive. So come back and visit us all month long to celebrate love (and FREE books!).

Comments

  1. I have never had any concrete dating/kissing rules. I did the whole making out at work once, that I am not proud of at all. And never been attracted to someone I was suppose to hate, not been around many of those true bad boy types. I prefer the slightly troubled, needs some good love type of guy (my hubby :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, great excerpts! Love the whole resting the forearms against the door image. Very manly and sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to know about dates one and two--and three and four. We're supposed to get some single digit nights later this week, and I'm thinking this might be the right book to curl up with to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I LOVED the...I don't kiss on first dates, and it had me wondering how she could forget it was their second, which made me think it wasn't. And when he switched it to being a 3rd date---I loved it, Olivia!! Talk about smooth... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having already read both of these books (lucky me!!!), I can safely say that they are guaranteed to keep anyone warm until April rolls around. Time to get cracking on Trey's book, Olivia. It's 15 degrees here, and I want to read it NOW!

    I didn't have enough dates to establish any rules about kisses because the second guy I went out with was the one I married!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olivia, you big fat tease! No fair.


    Hating someone, but being insanely attracted to them? Heck yes. And it didn't end well. I hope Sed has a better ending than my experience with such 'roller-coster' type relationship. I'm cheering for him, but do I really have to wait til April? Meh!

    And FYI -- my captcha word is: sedlym. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic "first" kisses. Both of those are totally going on my TBR list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget all the fuss about what causes global warming. After reading those teasers, it's pretty evident that your writing does. LOVED the smooth first date line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post, Olivia. Great first kisses! As far as dating rules, I just made them up as I went along :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great first kisses, Olivia. As for dating rules--it was so long ago, I can't remember if I even had them, still, I've always been a bit of a rule breaker. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hot, hot, hot, Olivia! Love the scenes. I need these books!
    Back when I dated, I had lots of rules - but I broke them all. And as for being attracted to someone you hate - my first boyfriend was the kid who threw rocks at me at the bus stop when I was little. Not just once, but every day! They had to send an older neighbor boy down to protect me. And then, years later, me and the rock-thrower were crazy about each other. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scenes, Olivia, mentally adding to my TBR pile. I'm on my way to work, and wish I could call in sick, stop by my hubby's office and whisk him away for the day!

    I will always remember our first kiss. We kept saying goodbye, but I didn't want the date to end. I remember been really disappointed that he hadn't kissed me. Just as I was closing the door, he called my name and said, "I just had this really great idea." Being totally clueless I asked what it was, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. A soft, gentle tentative kiss filled with promise. It still makes me sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crazy busy today at work! And I have a rock concert to go to tonight (poor me... NOT!), so I probably won't be able to check in again until tomorrow.

    Kristina- I'm weak to bad boys. I've never made out with one at work before though. :-)

    Tracey- Thanks!

    Grace- Backstage Pass will definitely generate some heat.

    Terry- You're right. Brian was just putting on the moves. And it worked. At least the first time. ;-)

    Cheryl- I plan to start Trey's book this weekend. Eric's still needs a little work. I've a feeling Trey's book will melt my panties to the chair while I'm writing it. He's soooooo naughty.

    Joanne- AWESOME captcha. :-) I guess you'll have to wait and see how it ends for Sed. Yes, I am a tease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Venus- Thanks! I <3 you.

    Carolyn- I wish it would warm the planet a little more today. High of 3. Brrrrrrrr!

    Anita- Well, rules are made to be broken. ;-)

    Robin- I've dated a few toads where I made up new rules. Such as, You aren't kissing me ever.

    Joanne K- LOL! They say there's a fine line between love and hate. Apparently once your cooties wore off, he changed his tune.

    C.H.- Sighing right along with you. Sounds like a scene out of a movie. Or a book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do have rules about dating/kissing but do allow myself to break them, if the person is really worth it. I find that I really like to be emotionally and mentally invested before I add the physical to things. Yes, have been attracted to someone that I'm not supposed to like- and the relationship didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rules? HAH! If I had a rule, it would be "Do what feels good."

    Lust/Hate relationship. Yep. Been there. Really did lust him. Really did hate him. And the feeling was mutual. The sex was explosively incredible, but ultimately not worth the spitting, hair pulling, cat-scratching, and verbal viciousness that was our fore- and after-play.

    Despite that, it's an experience I'm glad I had. Everyone should experience really good angry sex at least once. Seriously. Put it on your bucket list!

    Still totally jealous that you're getting to the A7x show. Enjoy, and let your muse romp and play, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! And yeah, hot! Who are you seeing tonight, Olivia? Next up for me (as of now) is U2.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has been so long since I was on a dating seen not sure I ever had any rules to follow at the time. Don't think I was ever attracted to anyone I was suppose to hate, but that was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two for the price of one! Thanks, Olivia for the lovely first kisses.

    Ten books? Awesome. Would love to read more of the Casablanca books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are ALWAYS rules, but then there are ALWAYS times you break the rules.

    Things like having sex on some guy's car in the college parking lot at one o' clock in the afternoon on a Thursday- generally a no-no. Or least the intention, until a friend calls you on it and you find another local.

    ReplyDelete
  22. btw, that's locale, not local. Wow! A bit slutty sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoyed your post. Your books look like great reads!!! I have never really had any kissing rules that I know of, but I, of course, have been attracted to what you would call "bad boys" that I knew not to get involved with. Tempted a few times, but I think I made the correct choice:)I ended up with a fantastic man who has been around for over 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been married so long that I have forgotten dating rules. I do remember being scared to have sex because I thought I would get pregnant anytime I had sex. Didn't know until I was trying to get pregnant with my first child that there are only certain times a month that pregnancy was viable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, please, oh please, oh please, can you just send me the outline to all of the Sinners on Tour books? I promise to hold them to myself and not tell anyone!

    Oh, yeah, the contest...no rules about kissing or anything, but I married my husband of 13 years at 19 so not too many chances to make rules, either.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since I married the first boy I dated, my dating rules are so old that they have rust on them, lol.

    Love your first kisses excerpts, Olivia.

    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Since I am in a relationship lets hope I don't have any rules on dating. LOL As for before not really just go with what feel right whether that meant a kiss or nothing at all. :-)

    Larena

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Fun Flirtiness of Brian and Myrna's kiss!! Too Sweet! And the tension just radiates of Sed and Jessica's. I'm so glad to meet you! I'm Definitely going to find your stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Don't have any kissing rules and can't say I've liked someone I should have hated. I try not to hate. I've spent to much energy and my life doing that and I've learned it's a heavy burden to carry.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wowsers! Those are some steamy first kisses!! I usually read historicals but I'm getting seriously tempted by some rock stars!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My hubby and I have been together since high school and when I first met him I couldn't stand him. He was arrogant and annoying. Then he kissed me...Wow...never expected that it would change things between us. He told me that from the moment he met me, he knew I was the one he was going to marry.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't had enough dates or guys to have any dating/kissing rules. Pretty sure I don't hate my fiance, although he does get on my nerves often and frequently.

    The excerpt was torture. I wanna read Sed's book now but I will impatiently wait until April.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow. Your books are going into my TBR list now. :) If you make such rules, you probably secretly want to break them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Must be February. More fun kisses... I've been away from the internet, but this is kind of a fun way to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely, you write hot, steamy romances. :} Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I definitely want to read these. Those were some hot kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment