Skip to main content

One Fine Launch Party!

Today, One Fine Cowboy arrived in bookstores across the country. Here's a picture of my friend Laura holding up the first copies of my second contemporary Western romance to arrive in Cheyenne! She's wishing it was a real cowboy...

Seriously, I'm thrilled that cowboy Nate Shawcross and Jersey girl Charlie Banks are finally being let loose on the world! I hate to play favorites, but Nate is my favorite cowboy so far, and Charlie's my favorite heroine. The two of them have been with me a long time, pestering me to get their story out there so they can finally get together for good.

When Nate and Charlie first meet, they're not sure what to think of each other. He rides into her life on horseback, silouetted by the late afternoon sun, and she can almost hear the eerie whistle of a spaghetti Western in the distance. He thinks the woman beside the broken-down car on the road to his ranch is just a bad attitude in a pretty package - or maybe a strangely attractive alien from Planet Jersey.

But they're stuck with each other for at least a week while a small-town mechanic orders parts for Charlie's car. And when Nate has a painful run-in with a renegade two-by-four, he's forced to rely on her for help as people from all over the country arrive at his ranch for a horse-training clinic.
Charlie's willing to help for a while, but she's determined not to fall for a cowboy. As far as she's concerned, they're ignorant rednecks who torture animals for their own amusement. But when they get back to the house, Nate insists on unsaddling his horse before he shows her inside. She's pleased to meet a man who cares more about animals than women, even if the woman is her. And she's surprisd to find a guy like that under a Stetson. Maybe she's wrong about cowboys...
Nate isn't looking for love either, but when Charlie tells him he doesn't have to go back for her luggage because she always carries "emergency panties" in her purse, he finds himself wondering what they look like and dreaming up designs that would revolutionize Victoria's Secret. He tries to shift his thoughts to his Great-Aunt Martha from Dubuque, because Great-Aunt Martha's usually good at chasing pretty girls out of his head, but soon his elderly relative's image fades behind the pictures of Charlie his imagination conjures up. Charlie in lace and garters. Charlie in his arms. Charlie on his lap...
He'd better put something on his lap, that's for sure, or she'll figure out exactly what he's thinking.
Charlie's thinking the same thing, and it doesn't take long for their attraction to become more than skin deep - but she protects her heart by telling herself they have nothing in common. She's sociable, loving partis and get-togethers with girlfriends. He seems perfectly content to commune with the horses and the sagebrush - anything that doesn't require words.
But she's a graduate student in psychology, attending the clinic to learn about inter-species non-verbal communication - and Nate has a lot to teach her.
If the heroes in romance are the men we want for ourselves, the heroines are the women we want to be. Charlie is strong, sexy, and impossible to ignore. Just look at the cover. Nate can't take his eyes off her. There he is, looking all sey and booding, watching Charlie ride across a sunlit Wyoming hillside. You can probably guess what he's thinking...
Or you can read One Fine Cowboy and find out!
Let me know what you think of my cover cowboy and his consort, or cowboys in general!
And if you want to let me know what you think after you read the book, I love to hear from readers at http://www.joannekennedybooks.com/.

Comments

  1. Ohmigosh, Joanne, you can't tell me he's not real!!! I was on my way up there to meet him. It can't be true! :) Congrats on the release and have fun with this latest adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you describe the meet puts me strongly in mind of Jane Eyre, where she's out walking the lanes on a brisk, late afternoon, and he darn near runs her down on his horse as he charges out of the gorgeous sunset. What is it about a guy on a horse? All my heroes have horses, must, must, must... can't wait to read about this hero, and how the Jersey Girl lassos his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new release, Joanne! I love me a nice, sexy cowboy. Bring him on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne,

    Yummy! Can't wait to read. My first love was 'cowboy romances' so this one sounds fantastic! Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Terry - you come on up and we'll find you one just like himj! Well, maybe not just like him, but close:)
    And Grace, I wasn't thinking of Jane Eyre when I wrote it, but I love that book and it makes me wonder if there was a subconscious connection. I'll just figure I write like Charlotte Bronte - or at least, I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore cowboys, and always had a deep-seated belief that I was born to be a cowgirl - not that there are many cowgirls from Brooklyn, but hey, go with me on this. When I was 8 years-old I even decided I was going to move to Idaho to do just that.

    I did eventually move to Idaho, unfortunately, I never did become a cowgirl. I do have a soft spot for cowboys though....Yum! (just don't tell my husband).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Cheryl! We need a Casababes Frontier Days event, so we can find you all cowboys up here in Cheyenne...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loni, cowboys were my first love, too. Let me know what you think of Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Joanne! This sounds like a great read. I had to laugh over the emergency panties. In my first book, the heroine carries an emergency suitcase that her friend packed for both of them in case of a bomb attack or an unexpected sleepover, and she she opens it and finds only thongs.

    Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, on your new release, Joanne! It sounds wonderful. And there's just something about a good-looking man in a cowboy hat. The way it shadows his face and makes him instantly mysterious and sexy. And those Wranglers which give a girl something to look at while he's walking away. They're also good for showing off a pair of powerful thighs gripping a saddle while riding. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm...

    Sorry, lost my train of thought...

    I'd suggest he put his hat over his lap to hide his erm... "evidence", but we want to keep him looking all sexy. How about a pillow instead?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your latest release, Joanne! I know it will be another huge success :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, JoAnn!

    I love the sound of this. Especially your heroine being an animal lover. Kudos to her!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the release! How I love a release day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robin, I think cowgirl is a state of mind, so a Brooklyn cowgirl would be pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita, I love the emergency suitcase! What's the book? It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Olivia - you DEFINITELY have the cowgirl spirit! Cowboy appreciation is the first step! And lol - he did use a pillow. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Danielle! You're a huge part of making it a success. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashlyn and Shana, thanks! You'll always find animals and animal lovers in my book. Lots of horses in this one, plus an overweight Blue Heeler cattle dog named Butt (short for Buttercup, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic Joanne!

    Have an awesome launch party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your new book!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aah, the world can never have enough cowboys! If only all the ones I see roaming around here in the central valley were as hot!

    Congratulations, Joanne! Have fun celebrating. We are with you in spirit while wishing we could be there in person because country folk know how to host a major shindig!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the new release, Joanne. Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Linda and Amelia! I'm having a great launch. Seeing the book for the first time at my home-away-from-home bookstore and hearing from all of you talente writers has made it a great couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sharon, I wish you could come too! It's going to be a great shindig, but having the Casababes here would be such a blast. I so loved our RWA get-together and wish I got to see you all more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary Margret, thank you! It was certainly a "fun write." Love my cowboys!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your release!! Looks like a really run read. Cowboys - oh yeah! Ooops I mean - Cowboys - Hell Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your release, Joanne! Gotta love them cowboys. :}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment