Skip to main content

Pass the Cyber Champagne!



It's my launch party and I hope you'll all celebrate with me!

At first, I had planned to have an in-person launch party at my critique partner's condo clubhouse, but those plans got derailed when I signed up for Lori Foster's Reader/Author get together this weekend. Then we thought about having it on a later weekend...until I booked up every weekend in June with book signings! LOL. So instead, my husband is throwing me a small family party tonight in celebration.

That's probably better anyway. I need a little quiet relaxation to get through the many plans I've made.

You'd think I'd be used to it by now. The excitement of a new book release, I mean. I've released over a dozen ebooks. But this is different. This book is getting attention all over the place and I haven't had to blow my own horn to the point of hyperventilating.

A bookstore owner in California wrote me a fan letter and hand sold all ten copies in one day! She made a reorder so she could keep one for herself.

A reader spotted Strange Neighbors in a Barnes and Noble in Florida...and I didn't have to beg them to carry it!

A reviewer wrote to request an ARC since she had heard so many wonderful things about it. I probably should have asked her where she lived before I said yes. Now I'm sending a book to Budapest, Hungary! LOL.

A newspaper reporter requested an interview with me. Usually I send out a press release and beg for someone to write a story. I rarely even get an acknowledgement. I didn't have to do that this time and I finally got my story! It was in the Sunday paper the day before yesterday.

Yesterday I went to my home town to decorate my parents' grave. I almost brought a copy to "show" them. Then I realized how silly that was. They were probably looking over my shoulder as I wrote it.

But that's the level of excitement and pride I've been experiencing. I hope you'll all party without me for a few minutes. I have to go lie down for a while.

Ash

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Ash!!!

    And I'll see you this weekend in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on the new release, Ash! Hope you sell millions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the release. Wishing you all the best. I've just started reading it and OMG, it's hard to put down.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the release...I loved it and i can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, release sister! I can't wait to read it. Hope it's a best-seller!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash,
    Sounds as if you are enjoying all the thrills to the max! How wonderful! And next time, you take a copy to your parents resting place. They would love it and give each other the high five and say "That's our girl!"
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats on the book release! I'm lifting a glass of bubbly in your honor. It goes great with my frosted flakes.

    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!

    LOL, Tawna! Champagne on Frosted Flakes! I'll have to use that in a book now!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's precious that you wanted to "show" your book to your parents. I remember well how I wished my mother could see my first one.

    Congratulations on the new release. Here's a toast to a bright future, loads of great reviews and lots and lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have champagne in the house, Ash, but I do have wine, so I'll break it out!

    I've got Strange Neighbors and looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have an awesome time with your family.

    Congratulations Ashlyn on your awesome new release!

    *hugs*
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Ash! Enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! Sounds like a fantastic book. I wish you all the best and fabulous sales!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Ash!!!

    It is indeed a wonderful day when the book officially arrives. Even if it has appeared in a few places already or shown as "in stock" on Amazon days before, that marked release day is special. Have fun with your celebrating and all the stuff to come! You will be exhausted, but looking back it will all be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on all the great things you have going on Ashlync!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment