First of all: HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
It's that time of year again, and just WHERE did the past year go?!?! In fact we're almost into a brand new DECADE!
Anyway, it's the time of year when most of us look back at the months gone by and reflect on what we did and didn't do. Then, reorganize and set ourselves some new goals for the coming year.
In the past, I've found it far too easy to concentrate on the negative aspects of the previous year. Things I didn't accomplish, opportunities I missed, goals that were beyond my control to achieve... So this year, I've made a vow to focus on the POSITIVE things that happened in 2009. As for my goals, I'm going to concentrate on things I can actually accomplish.
Right at the top of that list will be: Stop worrying about things over which I have no control! Accomplishing that one will be a challenge, but I know with the help of the CasaBabes and our readers and their (AHEM!) gentle reminders, I can do it!
So what were some of my POSITIVE things that happened in 2009? Here are a few off the top of my head:
- I participated in my first-ever booksigning on Feb. 14th
- The Wild Sight won first place in the Best First Book category in the More Than Magic contest, and was named a Debut Title that Rocks by Romance Junkies
- I finished writing my third romantic suspense for Casablanca, and the FIRST I'd written completely under contract -- Oh, and I met all my deadlines too!
- I became a multi-published author when The Treasures of Venice was released in late August!
- I want to live a more healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and exercising
- Continue to grow as a writer and refine my writing process
- Interact more and continue to "give back" to my readers and other writers
- Oh yeah, and STOP worrying about those pesky things I can't control!