Skip to main content

On the Hunt for a Hero

While writing my blog for Wickedly Romantic on Monday, I went on a Hero-Hunt.

What is a Hero-Hunt you ask? One of the best parts of being a romance author. But it can also be one of the toughest.

I have Logan, the hero of Catch of a Lifetime, in my head. I know what he looks like, how he sounds, how he smiles. I know his backstory, I know all his emotions with the opening of the book. I know this guy.

But I like to have the visual. The first two heroes were easy: Reel is Matthew McConnaughey from Failure To Launch, and Rod is a combo of Matt and Hugh Jackman (since Rod and Reel are twins). But Logan doesn't look like a celebrity, so how to find him?

A lot of internet research is hit or miss. I scored a hit with this one. Googling didn't quite work when you plug in characteristics, or "sexy guy," or "hot guys." (You get some pretty interesting pictures though when you do...) So I thought, let me check models. Again with the interesting pictures.

It took me a while, but I found this site: Cape London Model. Lots of pictures to visualize your hero/heroine. The hazard being, of course, that one can get quite waylaid in the search :)

So, who did I find for Logan? This picture of model Bill Edwards works for me. You?



Comments

  1. I always type in "Hot naked hunks" when I go hunk-hunting. It will take you to places you've never imagined...
    But this guy is very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Cheryl, I did wonder how you found all those pics. I didn't try that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judi!

    He reminds me a little bit of McSteamy (Eric Dane) from Grey's..
    http://www.collegecandy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/26/eric_mcsteamy_dane.jpg

    Oh, the things I get to do at work :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hot naked hunks" - OMG! I am gasping for breath here! See, never would have even thought of it!! And here I thought you were close, personal friends with the men posted on your blog, Cheryl. :)

    I am fortunate in that the hunk was ready picked for me. Matthew Macfadyen photos appear on my desktop steadily so inspiration is never an issue. As for other characters, I have not thought of it. Interesting. Thanks for the idea, Judi!

    Off to Google images.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fair on the Matthew McConnaughey! I thought I had called dibs.

    The first time I laid eyes on Do-Lord, I thought to myself, OMG--Matthew McConnaughey! His looks are FINE, but it's that "I know a joke that you don't" grin that sucks me in.

    Your new guy has definitely got IT too. I like.

    Off to Google hot naked hunks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the absolute best hunt to do too!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, hot naked hunks on Google images. Oh, the places you'll go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judi~

    I read your blog and then clicked on the pics and what do you know, I forgot to comment..sorry.

    I think he's quite adorable, not as cute as the guy I have for Rich Ronaldi, but then I'm into Italian hunks. Can you say yum?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, a new man link! Thanks, Judi. Robin, you should go to Judi's post on Wickedly Romantic from the other day...there was a selection of eye candy, and I voted for #4, who has that yummy dark Italian look about him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment