Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Re-release of ENCHANTING THE BEAST is in Bookstores, and I'm Celebrating with lots of prizes! By Kathryne Kennedy

How about a miniature sword with a moonstone jewel imbedded in it...reminiscent of the jewel and my hero, Gareth, in Everlasting Enchantment? How about TWO autographed ARC's of Enchanting the Lady, the first book written in the Relics of Merlin series? And maybe one autographed ARC of Everlasting Enchantment (cause I only have a few of those left)? Is that enough to show my excitement about the re-release of Enchanting the Beast?

I hope so.

It's been years since Enchanting the Beast was last on the bookshelves, and I'm hoping to find many more new readers with this release. There's many reasons why this book is such a treasure for me, and here's my list why:

1. The hero, Nico, holds such an element of mystery and danger that he's suspected of murdering the local girls. Of course, my heroine, Philomena, sees his true heart and knows he's innocent...

2. A heroine much older than my hero. It was fun. And a bit hard...holding complexities to their relationship that I had to work through.

3. There's a haunted castle. I adore castles. Making them haunted was an added bonus. Having them haunted by a handsome blue knight only made it better.

4. There's a major mystery. Although all my books hold some sort of mystery, a reason for my reader to keep turning the pages in curiosity, there's a major element of it in Enchanting the Beast. Skulking in the bowels of the castle looking for a treasure map. Hints and clues about who might be killing the local girls...and how it could be all tangled up in another search for one of Merlin's relics. It was such fun, and probably one of the most difficult books I ever wrote, giving enough clues so that it's logical who the killer is, but holding back just enough that we can't ever be quite sure who it is until we get to the end.

5. Sarah. Pluckett. She's my heroine's assistant. And she's a were-snake. I guess she's kinda scary in a way, but there's a scene where she starts to shed her skin that had me laughing. An example of my sometimes rather odd sense of humor.

6. Tup. He's Philomena's spirit guide. But he's haunting her for deeper reasons, and those touched my heart.

7. The romance. The passion. Again, all my books are filled with it. But it was a lot of fun dealing with a younger man and older woman in the bedroom. Let's just say, I hope it's as good for you as it was for me.

8. Which brings me right back around to my hero again. A moonless night watching fairylights flicker in the distance. A kiss as gentle as it is frightening. Sliding down a haystack. Perspiration gleaming off a naked chest. A secluded grotto with rain pounding from above, and below...

Yes, there are many reasons why I adore this book, and these are just a few. I hope you can add your own to my list as well.

And now for the give-a-way. Which reason above appeals to you the most? Let me know in the comments section of this post and you're entered. Winners of each prize will be random, and I will notify the winners in the comments section of this post on April 6th, so you have plenty of time to enter. Unfortunately, I have a difficult time tracking down winners, so please check back to see if you've won, don't wait to hear from me. Good luck!

My Magical Best,
Kathryne






ENCHANTING THE BEAST BY KATHRYNE KENNEDY--IN STORES APRIL 2014

DARK THINGS LURK IN GRIMSPELL CASTLE

Sir Nicodemus Wulfson is haunted by memories of murder--and ghosts. He brings in a ghost-hunter in the form of celebrated spiritualist Lady Philomena Radcliff, and promptly, all hell breaks loose. Is Phil a threat to his already suffering family? Or can Nico trust his burgeoning attraction to her?

IS IT HIM SHE SHOULD FEAR?

Lady Philomena has resigned herself to a life of spinsterhood performing seances for the aristocracy--until she meets sexy young were-wolf Sir Nico. She agrees to try ridding his castle of its increasingly restless spirits. But there are more mysteries within Grimspell Castle than even Nico is aware of, and when a local girl turns up dead, Phil wonders if she's risking her life as well as her heart.


"Kennedy brilliantly and seamlessly lures readers into a realm where magic exists and Merlin's legacy continues."
Romantic Times BOOKreviews 4.5 STARS/TOP PICK/2009 Historical Paranormal Nominee



"The heartfelt and well-rounded characters will easily become some of your favorites."
Night Owl Romance, REVIEWER TOP PICK


"Once again Ms. Kennedy weaves her magic and pulls the reader in from the first page."
The Good, The Bad & The Unread, A+


 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kathryne Kennedy is a multipublished, award-winning author of magical romances. She’s lived in Guam, Okinawa, and several states in the U.S., and currently lives in Arizona with her wonderful family—which includes three very tiny dogs. She welcomes readers to visit her website where she has ongoing contests at: www.KathryneKennedy.com.


 

55 comments:

  1. Oh I love the new cover and as for your question I would say because of the haunting of a castle. Love a good ghost in the story. This month is my birthday mite rebuy your book for that. Thanks! Happy New release day to you.
    Lisa
    goosebooth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Happy Birthday! And thank you so much for the good wishes!

      Delete
  2. Admittedly, this series was a must buy the first time around and I'm glad to see it available again.
    I have to vote for Nico because he's motivated by his concern for others rather than a concern for his own interest. However, I did seriously enjoy Sarah.

    vlettel @ cox.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia! I'm also glad to hear you're glad it's available again. :} Also very good to hear you enjoyed Sarah. Those quirky characters are always such a joy for me to write.

      Delete
  3. Number One is my favorite. It was difficult to choose just one but that was the one that resonated from the first reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gram! Lovely to hear it was difficult to choose just one. :}

      Delete
  4. Number 3 - Castles! Congrats on the re-release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadine! Love your choice! And thank you much for the good wishes!

      Delete
  5. Great cover. Probably everyone of them but I like the idea of the Heroine being older then the Hero. Thanks for the chance.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! The responses to that aspect of the story have been interesting. Generally, younger women don't like it, and the older ones do. Food for thought. ;}

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pendant and I love your books. I have moonstone earrings my mother gave me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna! So wonderful to see so many of my readers here. Good luck in the contest...the pendant would be a good match. :}

      Delete




















































































































  7. Beautiful cover. I like ghost in castles. Thanks for the chance to win.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan! Dunno what happened here...lots of white space and I've got a duplicate comment from you. But so very glad to hear from you!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cover. I like ghosts in castles. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cover, I am a fan of mysteries so #4 is my favorite. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! This would be a good book for you, then. My pleasure!

      Delete
  10. I love all of your reasons; they are the complete package. But #4 - Major Mystery works for me! Great cover! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! Sourcebooks does amazing covers for me. I'm grateful to be a part of this family. Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  11. Sweet! I love the cover. Thank you for the opportunity to win such a gorgeous pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed out on that book. Castle are great, haunted really appeals to me. Wonderful opportunity for such a cool pendant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Then the re-release is a good thing for you. :} Good luck!

      Delete
  13. Oh Yea!!! One that I've not been able to find!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you can't find it at your local bookstore, girlygirl! Want to make sure you can find it. :}

      Delete
  14. All of the above, of course!!! I don't have the new cover - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi catslady! As always, it's wonderful to hear from you!

      Delete
  15. #1

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great giveaway! I love the castle aspect. Congrats on the re-release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shana! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, and for the good wishes! So glad to have authors like you as my publishing pals. :}

      Delete
  17. I believe I responded to everyone. I will be back on the 6th to respond to any other comments and pick the winners through RandomNumber.org. (I count down through the comments for the numbers that are chosen. I have favorite readers here, so I always want to make sure I'm being impartial in the choosing. So good luck to everyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The mystery appeals to me the most...I read lots of mysteries and belong to two mystery book clubs. I read romances as well and if I find a book with both a mystery and a romance in it then I'm happy....two for the price of one. JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment, JackieW! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  19. #7, the romance and the passion appeal most to me.
    jmcgaugh (at) semo (dot) edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's plenty of that, jmcgaugh! My favorite words from my editor are, "Kathryne, don't close that bedroom door." :}

      Delete
  20. I like the older woman/younger man theme. It's not an often used
    storyline, will be interested to know how it turns out. Thanks for the
    contest!

    Patricia Cochran
    p-cochran@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia! The older man/ younger woman is done all the time...it's interesting that the reverse isn't true. Thanks much for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. All great reasons, but I love castles too & mysteries.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. As a child, I loved the story of Rapunzel because she was a princess and she lived in a castle. So the castle in the story would capture my interest. And to be a haunted castle. wow
    JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore fairytales as well, joye! They are often an inspiration for my books.

      Delete
  23. Ooh, #3 is great - I love castles too! I want to read about that. :)
    lattebooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm looking forward to adding this to my e-library. Thanks for the re-release!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank Sourcebooks, HoweHowse, for the re-release. I will pass it on. :}

      Delete
  25. I love your series, but somehow I missed this one! I'm really interested in reading the scene you wrote with Sarah Pluckett that made you laugh. Looking forward to adding this book to my collection. Thank you for the opportunity to win and good luck to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you here, Stephanie! Nice choice. ;}

      Delete
  26. Sliding down a haystack sounded good until I read on to perspiring naked chests!
    I have missed this backlist book, great cover and the blurb is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that the heroine is older for a change! I have loved all of your Books...the passion an the romance, of course!! Loved #8, too--that gentle kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the haunted castle in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Do you own an iOS or Android device? Check out our new app!
    Random Integer Generator

    Here are your random numbers:

    19 2 15 21

    Timestamp: 2014-04-07 18:03:42 UTC

    So, counting down from the top, and skipping any of my comments, and any duplicate comments, I show the winners are:

    Virginia E. ~ Winner of the Moonstone/Sword Pendant
    Shana Galen ~ Winner of an autographed ARC of Enchanting the Lady
    Mary Preston ~ Winner of an autographed ARC of Enchanting the Lady
    Susan P. ~ Winner of an autographed copy of Everlasting Enchantment.

    Kindly send an email to: kathryne@kathrynekennedy.com with WINNER in the subject line, and your full name and mailing address in the body.

    Congratulations, ladies! I wish everyone could have won!

    My Magical Best,
    Kathryne

    ReplyDelete