Skip to main content

Valentine's Day, Schmalentine's Day

by Danielle Dresser

I have a confession to make... Bah Humbug to Valentine's Day! I know, weird, right? Since I work on romance novels all day. But you know how there are people who you call the Grinch around Christmas? I'm that way with Valentine's Day. Maybe I've had one too many candy hearts, or I didn't get as many valentines when we had to exchange them in grade school. Who knows? And even though I have a real life valentine this year (and forever!), and it means I'll probably get flowers and chocolate and a nice dinner, I've just never been into it. So, with that in mind, I found some sarcastic Valentine's Day cards and images to share:












I must admit that I do like how everything is pink and red (two of my favorite colors), and I will definitely be buying discount chocolate over the weekend. What about you--do you like Valentine's Day? I hope so!

Comments

  1. LOL, that's really cute, Danielle! I love love and I love Valentine's. Go figure since I haven't had one since I was in grade school--and yes, I've been married. But I still love the hearts and kisses and hugs that I fondly think of as "Valentine's Day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "consumerist" holiday greeting. I tell my husband, "It's a Hallmark holiday" but chocolates are always welcome. Sometimes I think he's more romantic than me. I wish you and everyone else a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any excuse to get chocolate and flowers is okay with me. Even if I have to buy them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the day after Valentine's Day best of all...because all that chocolate and the candy hearts go on the half price sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of meh about it too. My daughter loves it, so it's fun to give her a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit that my VDay hum-bug-ness was slightly lifted today because my husband send flowers today instead of tomorrow :) But tomorrow, I'll go back to my old ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I have to somewhat agree with you. I'd much rather someone be romantic because they want to and not because they feel they have to but I guess it can be a reminder for some. My husband is a hit or miss kind of guy lol. So I've gotten that way too lol. Sometimes one of us does something, sometimes neither of of does anything and once in a while we both do something lol. I guess I feel bad for those who are disappointed or saddened if they feel left out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to admit it, but for a romance writer, I don't over do on Valentines Day. Everyone in the world has an invisible sign on their foreheads that reads "Make me feel special." The DH and I try to do that for each other every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sarcastic hearts! Not a big fan of V-Day, but my husband and I do get each other card always with a dog on it (ugly or cute)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep...I like the half-price candy...although it seems like it is getting harder to find lately...I will be the one fighting over the Dove chocolates, lol. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, you just described me. I refuse to celebrate it and told my hubby that before I even married him. He thinks he got the better end of that deal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment