Wednesday, March 6, 2013


It’s wonderful to finally announce the re-release of DOUBLE ENCHANTMENT, one of the magical stories in the Relics of Merlin series. To celebrate, my fabulous publisher is giving away TWO copies of the book with its new, enchanting cover. All you need to do is leave me a comment in the comments section of this blog post. I will choose the winner using, and announce it in the comments section tomorrow. Then just email me at with your mailing address (US and Canada only.)

I thought about sharing an excerpt with you today, but instead I decided to do something a little different. I’ll be opening DOUBLE ENCHANTMENT to random pages in the book, and sharing a sentence or two from the page. I always have fun doing this, and I’m always surprised by the pages it happens to open to…although I’m selective that what I share might make sense without the entire concept of the story.

Page 50
 “I understand that you have a magical dilemma?”

Page 64
    “Exactly,” she replied, heaving a sigh of relief that he appeared to understand. “My parents would never approve. I can only assume that the illusion I created does not have my…proper sensibilities.”

Page 133
   Jasmina gasped in astonishment and tore her mouth away from his. She remembered how familiar he’d seemed to her when she’d first met him. But this was ridiculous. How could she know what his naked body looked like? Or did she just have a vivid imagination?

Page 172
Jasmina glanced up. His eyes met hers for a moment, that rakish smile of his lighting up his face, and she stopped breathing. He bowed, a low sweep to the ground.
    And they all sailed past him as if he didn’t exist.

Page 215
    Sterling gathered her into his arms. He’d never thought to experience the same passion that he’d shared with Jaz, but he’d surpassed it, surely. The real thing was so much better than the illusion.
    And he hadn’t even taken her to his bed yet.

Page 225
    Sterling pranced into the street beneath a gaslight, tossing his mane and stamping his hooves, pausing every so often to glance up at her home. A light flared in her room, and he held his breath as he saw the slim outline of her shape appear at the window.

Page 234
    “Yes, dear, of course.” Aunt patted her head, then glanced up over it. “Those two nasty little gnomes are shedding their clothes behind my fainting couch. However have you managed them the past few weeks?”

Page 274
    She woke to tears in her eyes…and the most dreadful smell. Jasmina strained against a weight on her chest and threw on a spell of light in panic. Nuisance sat between her breasts, his large brown eyes staring owlishly at her, his breath foul enough to wake the dead.
    “It’s about time you woke up. I have the most delicious news!”

Page 299
    “The relic’s too dangerous—don’t risk it.” Jaz dropped her harp and drew a knife from her silk sleeve. In one fluid motion she held it to the throat of the duchess. “No one move.”

Page 333
    Both of the double doors suddenly swung wide open and Sir Sterling Thorn stood on the threshold, resplendent in black coat and trousers, not a worn hem or ragged seam in sight. His equally-new black boots had been polished to a shine, and a garnet-studded stickpin fastened his cravat.
    “It’s about time,” mumbled Aunt Ettie.

Do you think I chose well? Which excerpt did you find the most intriguing, or enlightening? I’d love to hear! And don’t forget to check back tomorrow in the comments section to see if yours was randomly chosen.

My Magical Best,


Sir Sterling Thorn is looking for his missing sister, and the magical relic used to kidnap her. His first clue is in the compelling personage of Lady Jasmina Karlyle, a woman who appears to possess two different personalities. He marries one and then meets the other, and finds himself falling in love with both women--but they possess a secret that leads them into the notorious world of the Underground. As they uncover an evil society of sorcerers called the Brotherhood, will he find his sister and resolve his heart--or lose everything he loves?

Lady Jasmina Karlyle's simple spell has gone horribly wrong, and now she has a twin running around London who possesses no morals whatsoever. Even worse, her twin had the audacity to marry a baronet shape-shifter. Trying to untangle her ruined reputation has Jasmina working alongside her new husband, Sir Sterling Thorn. When she finds herself falling in love with the shape-shifter she is put in the impossible position of being jealous of her own self. Then Jasmina finds she must discover a way to embrace both sides of her nature in order to help save her world from the evil plans of the Brotherhood.

"A superb fantasy world...of magic, mayhem and fractured love." Reviewer Top Pick~Night Owl Romance

"Double Enchantment surpassed all my expectations."~Beyond Her Book--Publishers Weekly

"Double Enchantment fulfilled every desire of why I love to read so much!" 5/5 Stars~Realms On Our Bookshelves

"...such fun reading that you will keep turning the pages to see what will happen next." 5/5

Kathryne Kennedy is a critically acclaimed, best-selling, award-winning author of magical romances. She welcomes readers to visit her website where she has ongoing contests at She’s lived in Guam, Okinawa, and several states in the U.S., and currently lives with her wonderful family in Arizona, where she just finished the newest book in her Relics of Merlin series, Everlasting Enchantment.


  1. I liked how you picked a few quotes from the book. I personally liked page 299. Thanks for sharing.

  2. Love the new cover! I liked the quote on page 234. Loved the gnomes. Thank you for the chance to win!

  3. 215 and 225.....the first one because I'm glad to know he recognizes the real thing when he finds it, and the second because I love horse shifters. There aren't enough of them in books today.

  4. How wonderful!! I would love to win a copy!!

  5. Love the way you chose the quotes! I'm especially intrigued by p. 234 and p. 299!

    Thanks for the giveaway!

  6. I am intrigued. Page 133 was my favorite snippet. Thanks.

  7. Oh, my, that cover is delicious with such vibrant colors. I loved 333...why was his boots polished and why was he wearing his best? Congratulations on the new release!

  8. LOL! Page 234 looks like fun! Congrats on the new release!

  9. Sounds like a fun read.

  10. Congrats on the new release! Sounds like a winner.

  11. Love the cover its fantastic and it sounds great .Thank you for sharing with us and for the chance to win it .Have a awesome week.

  12. Congrats on another terrific book, and what I like best is the horse on the cover--horses will always be magical to me.

  13. page 225- tossing his mane and stamping his hooves.

  14. Laughed when I read page 234, about the gnomes. This sounds like a fabulous story.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

  15. Count me in. Loved the quotes.

  16. Hi Melody! Good choice. :}
    Hi Emily! Those gnomes are annoying, poor Jasmina, but I love them too!
    Hi Mary! I haven't seen any books with horse shifters either, and I sure enjoyed writing about Sterling.
    Hi Betty! Thanks for stopping by!
    Hi Jenn! Loved your choices!
    Hi Kathy! Great to hear!
    Hi Carolyn! Yes, Sourcebooks has done a fabulous job on all the Relics covers.
    Hi Cheryl! That it is! Thanks much!
    Hi Pat! Thank you!
    Hi Victoria! Thank you as well!
    Hi Wanda! It's my pleasure.
    Hi Grace! As a child, I adored horses...long before I adored men. ;}
    Hi Sheila! That little scene brought him alive for me!
    Hi Jean! I smiled when I wrote that. So glad it resonated with you as well!
    Hi Helen! Will do!

  17. Cool way to post! Congratulations on the release and fabulous cover. Here's wishing you tons of success!

  18. Another great book, Kathryne. I also love the cover. Enchanting colors.

  19. That cover is nice! It must be exciting to see what cover will end up on your book. Thanks for doing the giveaway!

  20. Oh, I so enjoyed rereading those passages. I already have all your books as you know since you are my favorite author!!! I have the original books but have to say how lovely the new covers are! I am (im)patiently waiting for more stories lol.

  21. like the one on p.333


  22. Sounds great!! I'd love to have a copy.

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

  23. Interesting selections they almost sound like they were written sequentially instead of being seperated by pages of prose. Looking forward to reading the whole thing!

  24. Hi Amelia! Thanks so much!
    Hi Vijaya! So great to see you here!
    Hi Melissa! It's wonderful when the cover brings the story alive, as this one does.
    Hi Catslady! So lovely to see one of my favorite readers here!
    Hi bn100! Good choice. :}
    Hi Martha! Best of Luck!
    Hi Norma! It's why I enjoy doing this...I'm always surprised by what happens.

  25. Random Integer Generator

    Here are your random numbers:

    18 4

    Timestamp: 2013-03-07 17:57:44 UTC

    Congratulations, ladies! If I count down from the top (skipping my comments), the #4 comment is Betty Hamilton, and the #18 comment is Melissa/welachild. Betty & Melissa, just contact me with your mailing address:, and I'll send it on to my publisher, who will be mailing your book to you!

    A big thank you to all of you wonderful women for stopping by and leaving a comment. I truly enjoyed reading them all!

    My Magical Best,

  26. This book sounds great. Thanks for the chance to win.