Skip to main content

You and Me and The Bottle Makes Three!


Happy Tuesday, everyone! I’m Macy Beckett, the new kid on the blog, and I’m thrilled to join my Casa Sisters in discussing our favorite summer pastimes.


As you probably guessed from the title, we’re going to talk about this:


(Image source: Jenny's Southern Comfort)

Oh, yeah, baby! Bring on the fruity firewater!

Alcohol has many names—booze, hooch, alky, sauce, spirits, social lube—but no matter what you call it, a cool libation is one of my favorite summertime pleasures. Why have literal sex on the beach, (sand…ouch!), when you can experience it in liquid form?

How about one of these Parrot Bay frozen daiquiri pouches? Just throw ‘em in the freezer for a couple hours and viola—a tropical vacay in your mouth! One of my friends calls these "Capri Sun for parents."

(Image source: Monarch  Beverages)

Another personal favorite is the TGI Friday's Orange Dream mix. Just pour it in the blender, add ice, and in minutes, you're sipping a grownup version of the Creamsicles we all loved as children.

On vacation with my BFF, Heather, who prefers Cabernet to Orange Dream. (Crazy, I know.)

Watching your figure? (If so, I don't understand why, because you look AWESOME!) When I'm trying to cut back on calories, but the kids are driving me to...well, drink...I mix flavored vodka with Diet Sprite. It's surprisingly tasty and doesn't leave me feeling weighed down like a frozen cocktail.

(Image source: thebar.com)

It probably won't shock you to hear that alcohol plays an important roll in my debut novel, SULTRY WITH A TWIST. In this contemporary romance, an Austin bar owner is forced to return to her tiny Texas hometown for a month of community service...under the supervision of her first love and ex-best friend.

And if that weren't awkward enough, she's stuck in A DRY COUNTY!

Quel Horreur!

Here's a photo of me on the back porch swing, cuddled up with a cool drink and an advance reader copy of my very own book. Okay, so that's not really booze in my glass, but cut me some slack. It was ten in the morning!


It's a REAL BOOK! Squeee!

Now it's your turn! What's your favorite summer libation? Teetotalers, I want to hear from you, too!


Macy Beckett writes hot & humorous small-town romances set in Sultry Springs, Texas, where first loves find second chances. Her debut novel, SULTRY WITH A TWIST, is available for pre-order at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Indie Bound and several other online retailers. SULTRY WITH A TWIST releases October 1st, followed by two more Sultry Springs novels in 2013. Macy loves to keep in touch with readers on Facebook and Twitter, so stop by and say hello!







Comments

  1. Congrats on the new release! Now that's something to celebrate! Strawberry daiquiris and margaritas and pink champagne are my poison. But what would make them even better? White sugar beaches and a hunky wolf...or big cat shifter! Either would make the celebration even hotter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite drink is iced sun tea. Fill a gallon-sized glass jar with good drinking water and add 8 regular sized tea bags, cover and let stand in the sun for a day. Even on the hottest days, the tea doesn't get bitter like hot brewed tea. Remove tea bags and chill. You can sweeten or not as desired. I keep a large insulated mug in the freezer so that my tea stays nice and cold without getting diluted by melting ice. If you like ice, use good drinking water for that as well. If you wouldn't drink the water plain, don't use it, same goes for your tea. It does make a difference. Some tea & coffee shops sell filter bags so that you can brew with specialty teas that aren't sold in bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Terry: Well, yes. I'll take one of those, too. In human form, if you don't mind.

    @Virginia: I haven't made sun tea since I was a kid! But you're right. It's SOOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I don't want to leave a full list or I'd end up looking like a lush (and really, I don't drink that much!), but I'm a sucker for girlie drinks. Pina colada, TGIF's frozen Orange Dream and Mudslide mixes and Bacardi Breezer's Orange Smootie (not in a 100 calorie variety! YAY!)... I love them all. And summer wouldn't be the same with out them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Jen. I lurve Pina Coladas! (But not getting caught in the rain.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new release, Macy, it sounds like a great read. My mom had a way to keep cool in the heat with a coffee float...pour cold coffee in a tall glass and add two scoops of vanilla ice cream. If you prefer, fill 1/2 the glass with coffee, add milk and then the ice cream. Yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooh, that sounds delicious! And totally low-cal, I'm sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Congrats on the release. I am going to try some of the easy suggestions you made. Anything I can just take out of the freezer that's pre-mixed sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A refreshing Summer favorite of mine is a good old gin & tonic. Yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Shana: Thanks, and have fun experimenting!

    @Chris: Ditto! Just like Scotty from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy says, "A gin and tonic sounds mighty-mighty good to me!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great title! And good looking cover too! Congrats and tons of good luck for many successes. And, I'll drink to that!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor girl stuck in a dry county...hoping she had a good hot romance book at least or the hero was every bit as good as a double shot of Jack Daniels with a single ice cube!
    Congratulations on the new release. Bottoms up! (talking about glasses here not something kinky)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ::clinks glasses with Amelia::

    And Carolyn, you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I am out with the girls, like I will be tomorrow for one of birthday celebration lunches, it will he a Shmirnoff Ice on the rocks.. If I am home an sitting int he backyard or lounging on the sofa, it will be my home made Ice Tea... mmm A glass would go down right now.
    Congrats on your new release.. Good luck with many sales.. CHEERS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh we have an uncle that makes the best margaritas ever!!! He uses all the top shelf products and lots of it lol. I just wish we lived closer hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Kathleen. You're making me thirsty!

    Catslady, hubby and I make margarita pitchers when we go on vacation, then shamelessly drink them with lunch. The five o'clock rule doesn't apply on vacation, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cover! Yay! I just discovered a new favorite drink while one vacation with my high school BFF - blackberry lemonade...with tequila. In a pinch, though, I'll take the tequila straight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmmmm! That sounds SCRUMPTIOUS, Amanda. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to name just one summer adult beverage? Impossible! Then again, when the weather turns warm and I have to start thinking of squeezing (shoving, pushing, stuffing) into that bathing suit once more, there's one drink that comes to mind. Three little words: Gin and tonic. I know. This makes me hardcore, right? But gin and tonics are crisp and clean and ultra low in calories. Plus there's that whole quinine in the tonic water thing that's supposed to protect against malaria. Yearh, yeah, so there's no malaria in the U.S. But believe me, if there was ever a patient number one, you're looking at her. Because if there's a bug out there, I catch it. But I digress... Gin and tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a scotch drinker--or really dirty martinis, but that doesn't scream fun-in-the-sun, does it. I do however enjoy an occasional Snakebite when I'm a wee bit overheated. For those who don't know, a Snakebite is really good beer (I prefer a nice Hefeweizen) mixed with hard cider-yum! It's lighter than beer with a real refreshing kick. The best Snakebites are served at my favorite bar in New York, the St. Andrews--and it just so happens they also have my favorite scotch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome Macy! Your post is making me thirsty! My favorite summer drink is the old standard lemonade. Now my son likes to "create" lemonade-based concoctions, which usually taste pretty good, but I've learned not to ask what's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like sun tea also but not quite as strong as most people (what can I say? I'm a wimp and don't drink most caffeinated drinks except for my particular brand of orange soda). My hubby got me in the habit of sticking our sodas in the freezer about 20 minutes before we eat so we generally have slushies with our meals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment