Monday, August 1, 2011

THE LADY OF THE STORM is in bookstores! By Kathryne Kennedy

I’m pleased to announce the release of book two in THE ELVEN LORDS series, THE LADY OF THE STORM! To celebrate, my fabulous publicist, Danielle, will be giving away TWO copies of the book to two lucky commenters (Canada & U.S. addresses) here at the Casablanca Blog. So don’t forget to take a moment to say hello! And if you haven’t already done so, sign up for my newsletter via my website http://www.kathrynekennedy.com to receive excerpts of my books, new contest announcements where you can win fabulous ‘magical’ jewelry, and other monthly news directly from me to you!

I’d like to share a few things with you today. First, a short excerpt from one of my favorite scenes from THE LADY OF THE STORM, which should give you an introduction to the story, and a peek at the characters:

Giles gathered all the elven strength
he possessed and jumped, landing lithely in front
of her, effectively stopping her advance. His sword
danced a pattern around her, warning anyone foolish
enough to approach the woman to stay clear.
“Get out of my way,” she growled.
“The hell I will.”
“You cannot defeat them all. I can.”
She could. Giles could hear it in her voice. She
might even be the villagers’ only hope of surviving
this battle. But then what? For the past nine years she’d
hidden the true strength of her magic. And Giles had
to consider every possibility. If he was wrong about
Thomas being captured, and the elven lord didn’t
know about Cecily’s existence… word of this battle
would spread quickly to Dewhame Palace. Breden
would know one of his elven bastards had enough
magic to threaten his rule.
They would hunt her down like a rabid fox. He
wouldn’t be able to keep her safe.
“No,” he finally said. “When I say the word, you
will run. Find a horse. Ride away from here as fast as
you can. Go to Firehame Palace—ask for the Prime
Minister, Sir Robert Walpole—tell him you are
Thomas’s daughter.”
“The hell I will.”
She’d thrown his words right back at him. Damn if
he could not stop the smile that cracked his face.
“If you don’t get out of my way,” she continued,
“I shall have to go through you.”
And she would.

Secondly, I’d like to share the video I created for THE LADY OF THE STORM. I enjoy making these, as it’s another way to make my stories come alive:



And lastly, here is my blog tour. If you don’t win a book here at the Casablanca blog, please feel free to follow my tour for several more opportunities to win a copy of THE LADY OF THE STORM. You’ll also discover a bit more about the world of THE ELVEN LORDS, along with a look into my process as a writer, and a peek into my characters.

THE LADY OF THE STORM Blog Tour Schedule

One or two copies of THE LADY OF THE STORM will be given away at each blog! Just leave a comment to enter to win.

8/1 SOS Aloha/ INTERVIEW!

http://sosaloha.blogspot.com/

8/2 The Good, The Bad, and The Unread/ THE LADY OF THE STORM: A MUSICAL JOURNEY

http://goodbadandunread.com/

8/4 Fresh Fiction/ PAINTING PICTURES WITH WORDS

http://freshfiction.com/pages.php?id=blog

8/8 Star-Crossed Romance/ INTERVIEW!

http://star-crossedromance.blogspot.com/

8/11 Night Owl Reviews/ HOW I FELL IN LOVE WITH MY HERO

http://www.nightowlromanceblog.blogspot.com/

8/12 Much Cheaper Than Therapy/ INTERVIEW!

http://muchcheaperthantherapy.blogspot.com/

8/15 Love Romance Passion/ INTERVIEW!

http://www.loveromancepassion.com/

8/17 Michelle and Leslie’s Book Picks/ INTERVIEW!

http://booksandmakeup.blogspot.com/

8/18Preternatura/ CREATING THE MYTHOS OF THE ELVEN LORDS IN THE LADY OF THE STORM

http://suzanne-johnson.blogspot.com/

8/23 The Long and Short of It/ A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT WRITING

http://lasrguest.blogspot.com/

8/24 Sia McKye’s Thoughts Over Coffee/ MY BIGGEST WRITING CHALLENGE

http://siamckye.blogspot.com/

8/26 Once Upon a Chapter/ INTERVIEW!

http://www.onceuponachapter.com/

8/31 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell/ THE ELVEN COURT

http://books-forlife.blogspot.com/


My fabulous publicist schedules my tours. If we have missed anyone, please don’t hesitate to contact me for an appearance.

I’d love to hear what you think about book videos. Have you ever purchased a book from watching one? Or do you think they are just a fun complement to a book you already want to read? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

My Magical Best,
Kathryne


THE LADY OF THE STORM BY KATHRYNE KENNEDY—IN STORES AUGUST 2011

Giles is bound to protect her...
In a kingdom viciously ruled by warlike elven lords, village blacksmith Giles Beaumont reluctantly swears to protect the half-elf, half-human Cecily Sutton, never dreaming that he will fall under her enchanting spell.

But duty soon turns to desire...
When Cecily's father disappears, Cecily and Giles set out to find him. But, as their journey unfolds, duty is quickly replaced by desire—and the search for Cecily's father leads to a magical destiny that could end the rule of the elven lords forever...

“Fantastical creatures, magical spells, lengthy quests, angst, and passion will satisfy readers looking for a romance plot in a well-developed fantasy setting."~Publishers Weekly

“Kennedy’s exquisite world building and terrific plotting make this a must-read.”~Booklist STARRED review

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

Borders

BooksAMillion

Chapters/Indigo

Kathryne’s Bookseller Directory

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kathryne Kennedy is an acclaimed, best-selling, award-winning author of magical romances. She welcomes readers to visit her website where she has ongoing contests at www.kathrynekennedy.com. She’s lived in Guam, Okinawa, and several states in the U.S., and currently lives with her wonderful family in Arizona, where she is working on the next book in The Elven Lords series, The Lord of Illusion (February 2012).

41 comments:

  1. YAY is all I can say! I will be ordering it in a moment on Kindle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryne: CONGRATULATIONS on your new release! I do believe reading it would be sheer magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryne. Congratulations on the release of The Lady of the Storm. Sounds great.

    crystal816[at}hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping the series was the Eleven Lords, so we'd get at least eleven of these great reads. Supposed I'd best get glasses when I'm out buying a copy of the book, huh?
    Congratulations, and I LOVE the excerpt. The video stuff is always dicey for me because sometimes it captures the book wonderfully, and other times it's not such a great fit with what my imagination sees in the book. I do like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathryne. This sounds fabulous. Loved the excerpt. I love your writing and I can't wait to read this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryne,

    Congrats on the new release, a great video, and amazing blog tour line-up. Love the excerpt!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new book, can't wait to read it!

    ELF
    wksworld at msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lyuba-chan! So wonderful to hear! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carolyn! Thanks so much! Loved your comment. :}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you liked it, Grace! It's so hard to capture the flavor of a book sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita! So glad to have you as a Casa buddy. :}

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful! i LOVE your books. congratulations on this latest joyful read! i can't WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous trailer! I've heard great things about this book. Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please don't enter me - just wanted to add how much I enjoyed the story and The Fire Lord's Lover too!

    The trailers are like movie previews - they make them all sound good lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathryne, Lady is even better than FireLord. I love how you've written this one. There is something magical between Giles and Cecily and I don't mean *THE MAGIC* but their relationship is very good as is the journey they embark on. Love a good kick butt story!

    Enjoyed the trailer. I'll be sure to link it when you come to visit.

    Sia McKye's Thoughts...OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Jessie! It says comment deleted, but I clicked on it and read your (very sweet) comment, so thank you! Dunno what's wrong with blogger, but you might want to leave another comment to make sure you're entered in the give a way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Catslady! Very glad to hear you enjoyed them, and very sweet of you to leave a comment anyhoo. :}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sia! You're the best! And so looking forward to being your guest! (rhyme not on purpose, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the release of The Lady of the Storm, enjoyed the excerpt and will be looking to read the whole book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love the first book in this series and I have been waiting anxiously for this one. Thanks for the giveaway.

    smccar1 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So great to hear, Stephanie! Good luck! :}

    ReplyDelete
  23. i watch book videos but i cant say that i buy based on them . Cant wait to read this :)
    meandi09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds great - I do love elves! Congrats on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kathryne,

    Great trailer and the book looks terrific. Your blog schedules promises to be a lot of fun. I'll follow you as much as I can.
    Ciao,
    --Connie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Book videos have no influence on my decision to reada book. The book cover and blurb does. For me it's a fun supplement and I will watch it if I come across it but won't go out of my way to seek it out. A bad vidoe won't deter me from reading a book either. I like book videos that tell a story as opposed to showing the cover and the blurb with music in the background.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good to know, Jennifer. On both counts. :}

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing your opinion, Na. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've read The Fire Lord's Lover and loved it! No doubt this one is going to be just as good. I can't wait to read it.

    xia_thao95@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats Kathryne on your newest release. Your previous books have been pure Magic to me. I'll look forward to reading this next book in the Elven Lords series and have it on my TRL. Book videos have no impact on my buying of books but I do enjoy watching them.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Carol L. Pure magic...that's one of the nicest compliments I've rec'd. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Random Integer Generator

    Here are your random numbers:

    7 12

    Timestamp: 2011-08-02 15:28:57 UTC

    Congratulations to:
    ELF
    wksworld at msn.com
    &
    Jean P

    You have each won a free copy of The Lady of the Storm! Just send an email to: kathryne@kathrynekennedy.com
    with your mailing address, and I will forward it on to my publicist who will mail you your books.

    Thanks so much to everyone for their very kind comments, it was such a pleasure! And if you didn't win this time, no worries! Follow my tour for lots more chances to win!

    Wishing you all my magical best!
    Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulation! kathryne for your new release.I enjoyed very much to read this.It was fabulous.Thanks a lot for sharing us.
    waiting for kennedy

    ReplyDelete