Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beginning a New Series

Our theme for this month is New Beginnings and boy, that sure is appropriate for me. It's always a bit scary to start a new series, especially when it’s a bit more darker, a bit more dangerous, than my previous series. And to top it off, I’ll be launching it with a new publisher. Will my current readers follow me? Will they enjoy a darker read, and characters that aren’t based on shape-shifters?

My readers have come to expect a mixture of fantasy, romance & history, and I don't disappoint with my new series, THE ELVEN LORDS. Although this time I venture farther back in history, to the Georgian era, I still create an alternate magical universe centered in England. My heroes are half-elven, with the beauty and grace of the invading elven lords (think Legolas in The Lord of the Rings) and my heroines are women who are not only strong enough to survive in such a dangerous world, but able to find true love within it.

It’s odd, by my muse has taken a darker path. And I can’t do anything else but follow it. I’m just hoping that this new venture will not only garner new readers, but keep those that have been so loyal to me, as well.

So a toast to the challenge and excitement of New Beginnings!

And to celebrate, wouldn’t you know that I’ve launched a New Contest for book one in the series, THE FIRE LORD’S LOVER?

Best wishes with your own New Beginnings, and I'd love to hear about them!
Kathryne

SECOND jewelry contest for
THE FIRE LORD'S LOVER

What two words are a perfect combination for the romance reader? Chocolate. And diamonds. So to launch the first book in my new series, THE ELVEN LORDS, I will be having three contests that feature chocolate diamond jewelry. See http://www.kathrynekennedy.com/contest.html for a photo and description of the sparkling prize for this second contest.

This contest is all about your friends. Just send your friend an email telling them about the first book in the series, THE FIRE LORD'S LOVER, and 'cc' or forward a copy of that email to: kathryne@kathrynekennedy.com. I will keep your friend's email address confidential and I will only contact them to verify that it's a valid email address.

You can enter with as many different friends as you'd like.

A winner will be randomly chosen from those with a verifiable email address using RANDOM.ORG. Entering the contest automatically signs you up for the author's newsletter. Your information will be kept confidential. Contest ends June 30th, 2010. Void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older to enter. No prize substitution permitted. Odds of winning are determined by number of entrants. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.

8 comments:

  1. Great post, Kathryne! Wishing you all the best on your new series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new beginnings. Starting fresh with something new, bold, and/or different can really get the muse going.

    There are tons of readers who like the darker side so you will be in good hands to pick up more fans.

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for the good wishes, Terry! Greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so, Amelia. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you're saying about the scariness and the hope of new beginnings.

    I don't think you have much to worry about, though. I know I would follow my favorite authors anywhere they wanted to go, so I'm sure the fans you've already gathered will be eager to join you at the table, no matter what you're serving up.

    Who knows how many more will also learn to enjoy your books?

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary Margaret!
    Thank you so much for the wise words...I will keep them in mind.
    :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Kathryne! I'm sure your darker series will be a great success. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete