Friday, September 25, 2009

This is my very first post to the Casablanca Author’s Blog, and I’m very happy to be here!

I guess I should start with a little bit about myself. My name is Kathryne Kennedy, and I write magical romances that will sweep you away to new worlds and adventures. I’m currently working on a new historical fantasy romance series, The Elven Lords, and have just finished the first book, The Fire Lord’s Lover, which is releasing sometime next year. I’ll be posting the history of the world in the future, but if you’d rather not wait to find out more, please visit my website at:

I’m really looking forward to the December release of My Unfair Lady with Sourcebooks! A fun and sexy Victorian romance, it inspired my Relics of Merlin series. Here’s a bit more about it:

He created the perfect woman…
The impoverished Duke of Monchester despises the rich Americans who flock to London, seeking to buy their way into the ranks of the British peerage. So when railroad heiress Summer Wine Lee offers him a king’s ransom if he’ll teach her to become a proper lady, he’s prepared to rebuff her. But when he meets the petite beauty with the knife in her boot, it’s not her fortune he finds impossible to resist…

For the arms of another man...
Frontier-bred Summer Wine Lee has no interest in winning over London society—it’s the New York bluebloods and her future mother-in-law she’s determined to impress. She knows the cost of smoothing her rough-and-tumble frontier edges will be high. But she never imagined it might cost her heart…

Help me launch the December 2009 release of My Unfair Lady! The prize is a genuine agate cameo framed in 14kt yellow gold featuring a lovely profile of a lady with a bird perched on her finger--see my contest page for a full description:

To enter, send an e-card of my book cover to a friend! Go to:
And put a note to your friend in the message box to FORWARD the e-card upon receiving to:

If you are the randomly chosen winner, your friend will also receive a gift for helping you to enter, any item of their choice at my on-line store:

It’s a win-win contest for you and a friend! Only one entry per friend, but you can enter as many different friends as you’d like.

A winner will be randomly chosen using Contest ends September 30th, 2009. Void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older to enter. No prize substitution permitted. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.

Best Wishes!


  1. Hi Kathryne! Welcome to the blog!! I recently finsihed My Unfair Lady and thought it was incredibly funny. Summer is my favorite kind of heroine--a little unusual, compassionate and of course, fiesty! Looking forward to learning more about your books as time goes on.


  2. Welcome, Kathryne! I love the premise of the book and the contest sounds wonderful!

  3. Welcome, Kathryne! I love the premise of the book and the contest sounds wonderful!

  4. Hi Danielle!
    That's wonderful to hear! I had a fun time with this book, and was hoping my readers would too. Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know.
    You're the best!

  5. Hi Judi!
    So sweet of you to comment. Thanks a million!

  6. Thank you for the welcome, Terry! Greatly appreciated. :}

  7. Kathryne, how exciting for you. I love following the Casababes. Your excerpt sounds fab. A definite add to my want to buy list.

  8. Hi Kathryne,

    Welcome to Sourcebooks! Great cover, great title and the book sounds like it will be fun. Good luck on the contests.


  9. Sounds a fun new take on My Fair Lady. I'll be looking out for it.

  10. Hi Renee! Thanks so much, that's great to hear!

  11. Thank you so much for the welcome, Amelia! Makes me feel terrific!

  12. Welcome Kathryne! So glad to have you aboard. Your novel sounds wonderful. Victorian romances are a bit rarer these days, so it is great to have a new on on the market. I am glad to have another historical writer joining the group! You, me, and Gloria now!

    Good luck with everything. I am sure it will be a smash hit. Sourcebooks doesn't do it any other way. :)

  13. Hi Sharon! So glad to be a part of the group. :} Thank you so much for the warm welcome!